1. If a person is genuinely born again, headed for heaven, not hell, they have had a heart change, the Holy Spirit is now living in them, and as a result they want to become holy like God, they have a desire to do good put in them by God. If the desire to be holy and righteous is not in you it is probably because you aren’t truly saved.
Philippians 2:12-13 So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.
2. God loves righteousness, and righteous people are His favorites.
Psalms 146:8c The Lord loves the righteous;
Luke 1:6 They were both righteous in the sight of God, walking blamelessly in all the commandments and requirements of the Lord.
Luke 1:30 The angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; for you have found favor with God.
3 John 1:11 Beloved, do not imitate what is evil, but what is good. The one who does good is of God; the one who does evil has not seen God.
3. God uses righteous, holy people to do His work. That super motivates me.
4. Those who are pressing on to grow in character, holiness, and righteousness sense God’s pleasure in them and, as a result, have a strong sense of self-esteem.
5. Those who are never standing still but always pressing on to grow and change, to become holy and righteous we do very well at the judgment seat of Christ, they will receive many rewards that will last forever.
6. Those who love righteousness will have a special power given to them from God and it will impact their entire life.
7. The righteous will have much better relationships with other people, especially family and friends.