1. I will read 14 chapters in my Bible every day. 2 chapters in the Old Testament, 5 chapters in Psalms, 1 chapter in Proverbs, 2 chapters in Matthew – Acts then Revelations, 4 chapters in Romans – Jude. That gets me through the Old Testament once in the year, Psalms once every month, Proverbs once every month, the Gospels, Acts, and Revelation 5 times a year, and the Epistles once each month.
2. I will pray by myself for 30 minutes every day using my Prayer Journal and I will keep it up to date with names and pictures and prayer needs and answers.
3. I will read 80 pages every week in good books, some of that will be audio.
4. I will pray with Patty 3 times minimum each week.
5. I will write my blog every day, working at improving my writing and praying, asking God to bless and use my blog for His glory. The number of subscribers was 58 in 2018, 80 in 2019, 451 in 2020, and the goal is 600 for this year. The number of views was 57,000 in 2018, 70,000 in 2019, 80,000 in 2020, and I am praying for 100,000 this year.
6. I will ride my stationary bike, or lift weights, or punch the heavy bag, or run for a total 60 minutes every day.
7. I will restore my 1969 mustang coup with my grandson Isaac, and it will be his car when we finish it.
8. I will faithfully meet with Brandon, Preston, Ben, and Josiah each week for at least one hour. I will write down observations, goals, and reminders after each gathering in order to improve my mentoring and training of each one for ministry.
9. I will memorize the book of Colossians.
10. I will teach through the book of Philippians during the Wednesday night service until finished, and then I will move to the book of Colossians.
11. I will take some grandkids fishing to Detroit Lake at least 5 times.
12. I will study, write, and prepare teaching content and a syllabus for a 2 day seminar for church leaders in January 2022 on training leaders.
13. I will start 3 new men’s accountability groups.
14. I will work to improve, revamp, and organize our “Home Group” ministry by recruiting 2 people to help me, and having a monthly meeting with leaders.
15. I will faithfully, accurately, and in detail keep track of how I spend my time each day.
16. I will work with Brandon to plan, organize, and hold 3 “New Comers” dinners.
17. I will be a faithful part of my pastors accountability group, and schedule and plan 3 lunches with them.
18. I will learn how to fish for and catch pike minnow in the Colombia River, and earn at least $100 in bounties.
19. I will attempt to identify, and recruit from JBC a faithful, available, and teachable person, and to train them to be a volunteer staff/pastor.
20. I will pray on my kneeling bench in my office at least 3 times each week for 15 minutes minimum each time.
21. I will exercise self-control, and keep my weight under 200 lbs.
22. I will faithfully work on Scripture Typer for 30 minutes each day, maintain the rank of 200th place, and increase my total verses memorized to 1,000.
23. I will train and run a 10 K and a half marathon.
24. I will go fishing in Soldotna, Alaska for 2 weeks in July, and will attempt to take a son, son-in-law, or grandson with me.
25. While in Alaska I will build an 18 foot fiberglass drift boat at Tim’s place and leave it there for fishing on the Kenai for Sockeye Salmon.
26. While in Alaska I will take the 18 ft drift boat out in Cook Inlet Halibut fishing launching off of the beach at Ninilchik.
27. I will, without a doubt, organize my shops, super well, and keep them that way.
28. I will expand the front of my shop, reroof it, re-side it, and paint it.
29. I will begin the 2 year goal of putting in a fish pond on the front of our property.
30. I will diligently prepare to teach my “Men’s Leadership Class”, “Ladies Leadership Class”, “Leadership Class II”, and “Leadership Class III”, and I will work super hard to improve all aspects of all the classes.
31. I will take Patty on a date at least twice each month, and I will work hard at communicating well with her.
32. I will faithfully attempt to encourage those who have drifted away from faithful attendance at JBC to return.
33. I will go on a week long catfish fishing trip to the Snake River June 13th to the 19th with friends.
34. I will watch the instructional DVD on taxidermy, and do a full body mount on the mountain lion I killed. If it turns out good, I will put it in the house, and if it turns out bad I will put it in my “Man Room”.
35. I will write 50 hand written notes each month to people in JBC.
36. I will study, prepare well and teach a weekly class on theology and doctrines from October through May.
37. I will pray through the JBC church family prayer letter each week, and transfer serious prayer requests to my prayer journal.
38. I will write in my personal journal at least twice each week.
39. I will write a devotional book using my best 365 blogs out of the approximately 1,500 I have written. I will find four people to help me read and pick the best, and two people to help me improve on the writing of them.
40. I will faithfully write a weekly and daily “todo” list, and refer to it often during the day.
41. I will end each day with a time of reflection, self-examination, and confession of all known sin.
42. I will pray at a minimum of 3 corporate prayer times at JBC each week.
43. I will go tuna fishing at least once this year.
44. I will pray at least 30 hours in each of the 4 “Five Day Prayer Events” that are held at JBC.
45. I will begin every day with a prayer of commitment presenting my life to Jesus, declaring Him Lord of my life, asking Him for guidance and strength for the day to please Him in all that I do.
46. I will attend a major “Church Growth” seminar and take at least one staff member with me.
47. I will give Patty and Sherri at least 2 hours of work on “Home Improvement” projects each week, and ask them to make a list at least one week in advance.
48. I will be in bed by at least 10:00 pm 2 nights a week, and by at least 11:00 pm 2 nights a week.
49. I will rebuild and restore my 1978 GMC pickup.
50. I will buy a good, used engine and put it in the Dodge van for a good car for Patty.
51. I will go shad fishing at least 5 times between June 1st and the 12th and take at least one grandkid each time I go.
52. I will pay off all debt except the house mortgage.
53. I will save $500 each month after debt is paid off.
54. I will pray for Patty, my kids and spouses, and grandkids every day.
55. I will pray for a list of people who have visited JBC in the previous three months 3 times each week.
57. I will pray for a list of key people in JBC every week, which will include staff and families, Elders and families, members of all leadership classes and families, key leaders of various ministries and families.
56. I will research the visitors to JBC and get their picture and information about them in my prayer journal.
58. I will pray for a list of people who have drifted away from JBC every week.
59. I will pray for every regular attender and their families that are not part of the other prayer groups at least twice each month.
60. I will rewrite my book “The Time is Now”, with help, and republish it.
61. I will plan a wild pig and whitetail deer hunt to Texas sometime in the next two years.
62. I will go on a week long fishing and camping trip to Wallowa Lake taking some family.
63. I will fast one day a week, and I will fast for 56 hours in each of the 4 “Five Days of Prayer” event.
64. I will climb Mt Adams the first weekend in August taking 3 days.
65. I will locate a place and start a “satellite Church”.
66. I will pray corporately for a total of 300 hours.
67. I will pray every day without fail for 80 baptisms at JBC in the year 2021, and I will remind JBC at least weekly to do the same
68. I will listen to at least 100 sermons on “you tube” and pod cast.
69. I will plan with my son-in-law Phillip, an archery hunting trip to Alaska for caribou to take place sometime before 2023.
70. I will go on another moose hunting trip with my son-in-law Phillip sometime before 2025.
71. I will fish with Nolan Davis at least twice for either steelhead or salmon.
72. I will go salmon fishing with Dave Maroon on the Colombia at least once.
73. I will read these goals at least once each week.