The goal is to read the Bible everyday. A key reason is so that it becomes a habit. If you read three times a week you will be blessed by your time in the Word but three times a week won’t ever become a habit. Once Bible reading has become a habit you won’t even need a goal anymore, your Bible reading will be like brushing your teeth.
A great way to motivate yourself to read every day is to write down all of the blessings that come into our life when we do read the Bible. Write them down on a piece of poster paper and hang them up where you can see them easily during the day and read them faithfully. Let me give you a half dozen Bible blessings. I have found and written down 50 blessings that come into our life when we faithfully read the Bible, but I will just give you six.
1. Reading the Bible makes our mind strong and healthy.
2. Reading the Bible makes our soul strong and healthy resulting in us becoming confident and free from worry.
3. Faithfully reading the Bible gives us wisdom, we will know what to do and say in any situation we find ourselves in.
4. Reading the Bible results in success in the things we are trying to do.
5. Reading the Bible results in us overcoming entrenched sin habits.
6. Reading the Bible results in greater levels of joy in spite of the circumstances.