God’s ways are not man’s ways. God’s ways often appear foolish to people. Discovering what God blesses, making that your lifestyle and not drifting off of that lifestyle, but staying faithful . What we do matters very much if we want to grow and bear fruit, much fruit. It isn’t the one time choices it is the faithful, diligent, self-controlled routines and disciplines done every day over time that matter. I have established “A Daily Dozen Duties and Disciplines” in my life that I check off every day before I go to bed, and I don’t go to bed until they are all done. Growing up on the dairy there was a simple principle of success, ” you can never skip milking the cows”, morning and evening, every day, 365 days a year, that is just the way it is.
1. I will Read my Bible every day using my plan of 10 chapters each day.
2. I will pray every day for a minimum time of one hour, praying for lost people, family, church family, and needs as they occur.
3. At the end of every day I will examine my life, think about the day and confess all known sins to God.
4. I will begin every day by declaring Jesus as Lord of my life and committing to follow, serve, and obey Him for that day.
5. I will ask Jesus for strength and wisdom every day so that I can glorify Him, and accomplish His will for my life.
6. I will read my goals.
7. I will spend a minimum of 15 minutes every day memorizing and meditating on key Bible verses for my life.
8. I will record my use of time every day in great detail keeping a permanent record.
9. I will make a “to do” list for every day.
10. I will write in my journal reflecting on how I lived my life evaluating strengths and weaknesses.
11. I will write a daily blog of approximately 300 words with the desire of influencing more and more people to be committed to and love Jesus.
12. In will praise and thank the Lord for specific blessings experienced that day working at taking nothing for granted. I will do this in my prayer time, journaling and blogging.