Number 22 Grandbaby was born on Friday night. 7 pounds and 22 inches is what I think I read. Son in law Philip and daughter Shelly added a baby girl to their family and now have 3 boys and 2 girls. Her name is Kasey Marta Crabb, and I am sure she will grow up to be a champion for Jesus because I am going to pray for her every day. One of my key verses that I meditate on as a parent and grandparent is Psalms 112:1-2
How blessed is the man who fears the Lord,
Who greatly delights in His commandments.
His descendants will be mighty on earth;
The generation of the upright will be blessed.
I am not sure exactly what it means to be mighty on the earth, but it sounds like something that I would like for my children and grandchildren. My part of the deal is to fear the Lord and then this promise is mine. Because there are so many promises in the Bible for the person who fears the Lord, I have studied all the verses on fearing the Lord and have meditated on them at length. My conclusion is that fearing the Lord is like the white light that goes into a prism and the colors that together make that white light are separated into the colors of the rainbow. Fearing the Lord is a big, all conclusive command that has a number of smaller disciplines in it. I have divided fearing God into five parts, one for each finger so I can remember them easier.
(1) Jesus is Lord of my life. He is the King that sits on the throne that is in my heart. I am committed to doing his will for myself no mater how hard it might be because He is God, creator, savior.
(2) I will trust Him with my life and the details of my life every day. That means I will not fret or worry because He is in control. That means that I will not whine, complain or grumble because He is causing all things to work together for good.
(3) I will seek the Lord with all of my heart Psalms 63:1 will be me.
O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly;
My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You,
In a dry and weary land where there is no water.
I will seek Him by reading His Word everyday. I will seek Him by spending time with Him in prayer everyday. I will seek Him by gathering faithfully each week to worship and praise Him.
(4) To fear the Lord is to hate the sin in my life as much as He does. I will examine my life for sin and confess all known sin to God every day.
(5) I will declare my love for God daily.