So tomorrow is Sunday, the day of the week when I move on to the next character trait to use to examine my life with. The character trait for this next week is diligence, the opposite of being lazy. Here are a few verses on this important character trait. Proverbs 12:24 The hand of the diligent will rule, but the slack hand will be put to forced labor. Proverbs 12:27b But the precious possession of a man is diligence. Proverbs 21:5. The plans of the diligent lead surely to advantage.
Over the years as I have witnessed diligent people and lazy people I have written some observations down about diligence and laziness.
1. Everybody is born lazy, and unless a parent or some person influences, trains or teaches us to be diligent we will stay lazy all of our life. Our flesh feels very comfortable being lazy.
2. A person with the character trait of diligence is very conscious of time, and the passing of time.
3. A diligent person learns the skill of planning and organizing their life to become more productive with the time they have available to them.
4. Diligent people refuse to procrastinate.
5. If anyone wants to grow the character trait of diligence in themselves they must recognize that it begins by how they think, and they learn how to take their lazy thoughts captive and think focused thoughts on how to accomplish their goals.